From Devel wiki for Sugar Labs
- Released on 29 July 2012.
- Common Bugs: http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F17_bugs
- Fedora 17 Installation Guide - Very complete
- Anaconda options
- Anaconda boot options modified for Fedora 17
- Anaconda memory requirements for Fedora 17 (08 June 2012)
- "We dropped the requirement to 512 MB. Also the 'nomemcheck' parameter was added to disable the minimum check if people really want to try installing with 384 MB or 256 MB."
- See GNOME 3 desktop.
- "Dracut is like 98% shell scripts, so you’re gonna need to know some sh/bash to do anything with it."
- Lenovo info
- "This feature adds support for a dynamically managed firewall that is able to handle firewall changes without the need to rebuild the whole firewall. The firewall daemon manages the firewall and has a D-BUS interface to interact with clients or services, that request firewall changes."
CD boots EFI to MAC and into a PC
- no persistence when running from CD
Persistent boot USB