Tutorials/Installation/Install & use liveusb-creator
From Devel wiki for Sugar Labs
Installing and using the Fedora liveusb-creator
- Download f17-Soas
- Burn CD
- insert CD in CD/DVD drive
- write to USB with dd and boot from it
- Boot Sugar
- Start the Sugar Terminal Activity from the Home view.
- Install liveusb-creator from root user Terminal.
- Install files.
- liveusb-creator running in Sugar after launch from Terminal.
- Note the command that started it in the Terminal command line.
- Target Device shows inserted USB stick.
- Note: Stick should be formatted fat-16/32 and labelled LIVE (IN CAPS)
- Persistent Storage is set by sliding pointer.
- Do not use more than 2047 MB as the target USB stick file system is fat formatted and the maximum size is limited.
- liveusb-creator downloading an .iso file
- from the Download Fedora drop down menu
- after Create Live USB is clicked with mouse
- You can alternatively click Browse and select a different Fedora.iso to install.
- It must have been downloaded to sugar prior to this step
- Congratulations you have just built a Sugar Live USB device.
- To exit: right-click on top right corner of liveusb-creator
- A pop-up window will allow you to close it.
- Exit Sugar and reboot from the new Live USB device.