Tutorials/Send file to friend
From Devel wiki for Sugar Labs
Send file from Sugar Journal
- Files sent between XO-1 (os508dx-Dextrose2) and XO-1.5 (os874) and a VirtualBox 4.1 for OS X install of Trisquel 5.0-sugar  on a MacBook Pro i7 Satellit and ajay_ in #sugar IRC 15:28, 27 December 2011 (EST)
- .txt and .pdf file sent from Ubuntu 10.10 sweets distribution 0.88.1 (VirtualBox 4.1 for Ubuntu 10.04) and Fedora 17 SoaS i686 (tools_livecd-iso-to-disk.sh installed) persistent USB stick --Satellit 21:26, 3 March 2012 (EST)
-  Ubuntu 11.04 with sweets-distribution sugar 0.94.1, which has some Dextrose features.
- all screen-shots from XO-1.5 (os874)
- Find your friend's XO avatar in the Neighborhood view. In your friend's pop-up palette menu select Make friend.
- Use the search text box in the Neighborhood view tool bar to find a known XO avatar name.
- (+) Make friend
- Click on the Journal icon in the Sugar Frame.
- Click on the item you want to send:
- Wait for the pop-up palette menu; click on send to, and select the friend you established in the previous step
- (The drop down does not <alt> + 1 take a screen shot while it is activated - so it is not shown here.)
- ==> Note a Red Arrow will appear on the left side of the receiving system's Sugar Frame,
- and then in the upper Sugar Frame when the Activity is running, where the user has to accept the transfer, before it is transmitted into the Journal in Sugar.
- Point the mouse at a corner of the screen/window and wait for the Frame to extend.
- Here the Frame view shows the file was sent from the XO-1.5 to the XO-1
- The Red arrow icon drop-down palette indicates a file was received also.
- Here in the Home view, the Red Arrow icon drop-down palette shows that a file was received into the Journal from the XO-1 to the XO-1.5
- This is a nice way to share files.